Major Features and Improvements
- Upgrade to the latest version for new capabilities and performance improvements.
- Introduces a preview of Conditional Compilation (available in open-source distribution) which enables a significant reduction to the binary footprint of the runtime components (Inference Engine linked into applications) for particular models.
- Introducing support for the 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable platform (code-named Ice Lake), which delivers advanced performance, security, efficiency, and built-in AI acceleration to handle unique workloads and more powerful AI.
- New pre-trained models and support for public models to streamline development:
- Pre-trained Models: machine-translation, person-vehicle-bike-detection, text-recognition and text-to-speech.
- Public Models: aclnet-int8 (sound_classification), deblurgan-v2 (image_processing), fastseg-small and fastseg-large (semantic segmentation) and more.
- Developer tools now available as Python wheel packages using pip install openvino-dev on Windows*, Linux*, and macOS* for easy package installation and upgrades.